The Committees of Conference cordially invite participants to submit abstracts either for oral or for poster presentation.
1. The abstract must be written in English.
2. Equations, references and non-usual acronyms must be avoided.
3. At least one author must be registered at the Conference when sending the abstract.
4. Every registered author can send a maximum of three abstracts.
5. The author/s shall indicate the presentation format (oral or poster) of the submitted abstract. However, the Scientific Committee will decide over the final format.
6. By submitting the abstract, the author also grants the International Food Data the right to publish abstracts in hard or electronic forms.
7. Abstract acceptance or rejection will be notified by e-mail as from JULY 5th, 2019. Presentation criteria and other details will also be sent in that notification.
8. The abstract will be submitted under the complete acceptance of all these criteria. The Scientific Committee reserves the right to reject any abstract, if it is not adapted to any of these criteria.
The submitted abstract shall contain the following information:
Review carefully the work before submission.
1. Abstracts will be gathered in thematic areas for assessment and scheduling.
2. Authors must state the THEMATIC AREA (TOPIC) in wich they wish to present their abstract at the time of submission. Further, they can indicate up to one more topic in the abstract body.
3. The Scientific Committee will always try to respect the author’s choice of thematic area. However, this is subject to changes in order to achieve a balanced scientific programme.
4. The thematic areas (topics) are:
1. Analytical methods
2. National and international activities
3. Food composition in nutritional epidemiology
4. New compositional data
5. Food processing and recipe calculation
6. Data quality and metrology
7. Food authenticity
8. Food composition in agriculture, trade and legislation
9. Food data and bioinformatiocs
10. Biodiversity and environmental sustainability
All abstracts shall be submitted through the online form within the Scientific Area on this conference website, according to the above-mentioned criteria..
If you encounter any difficulties during the submission process or for further information regarding abstract submission via website, please contact the Technical Secretariat by e-mail indicating in the subject: IFDC Portugal 2019.
IMPORTANT: Once you have sent your abstract via website, check that you have received a confirmation e-mail. If you do not receive any confirmation, please send an e-mail to: firstname.lastname@example.org
ABSTRACTS SENT BY FAX OR REGULAR POST WILL NOT BE ACCEPTED
ONLINE PRESENTATION GUIDELINES
• Each presentation has the duration of 15 minutes. It is important that you rehearse your presentation to keep to this time.
• We kindly ask that all speakers come to the Speaker Preview Room, located in the Organisers Office adjacent to the registration foyer, in order to upload their presentation prior to presenting. Speakers are requested to upload their presentation at least two hours before the start of their session. Any speakers presenting in the first morning session of the day are advised to upload their presentation the day before.
• Speakers should arrive in the session room 10 minutes before the session is due to start.
POSTER PRESENTATION GUIDELINES
• Posters should be in portrait format with size limited to 80 x 110 cm.
• Posters must include the title, the name(s) of the author(s) and their affiliation(s).
• The title of the Poster must be the same as the Abstract submitted.
• The text must be legible at a distance of at least 1 meter.
• The Poster should be affixed with the corresponding code, which will be provided soon.
• Posters should be displayed on the boards using adhesive tape that will be available at the poster session desk. Pushpins are not permitted on the boards.
• Each Poster will be displayed for one day (dates will be available soon). All posters must be removed at the ending of the day.
• Poster sessions will take place during the coffee break and lunch. Participants are expected to be at their posters during the assigned time and periods shown in the conference programme.
• All Posters are candidates for the Best Poster Award.
As a presenter, you will need to register for the Conference. We would like to remind that is important to send the payment proof. Please if you have already made the payment and send the proof, ignore this message.